Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Beads, beads and more beads



I have been trying to keep the boys busy with art projects during the afternoon because it is so hot. I know you all are saying - you live in Texas and I know you have swimming pools. We do, but I try to keep them out of the sun at that point of the day.
So this week HJ and I were brain storming of what we could make that we had not made before. We came up with Seed Beads, you know those very, very tiny beads. I used to love to make these bracelets/anklets when I was a teen.
I thought that HJ might have a little frustration with making the anklets because they are so small. He surprised me, he did not have any trouble or frustration with making them. He has made a handful of different patterns - no hodge~podge.
WC had a little difficulty because they are so small. So we went and got him the next two sizes up and he does fine with both of them (it won't be long until he can manage the teeny tiny ones for a whole anklet.) He loves to make them all different without much of a pattern. He tried his first patterned bracelet tonight (it was an ABC pattern.)
And you all know what CJ likes to do - yep touch them. He makes me a little nervous because I think "here they go (and what a mess that would be.") I give him large wooden beads so that he can work with stringing them so he has something to do and he can work on his fine motor skills as well.
Don't worry - I give the boys limited amounts in little bitty dishes so if there is an unfortunate accident with spilling of the beads then it won't be a huge problem.
We are all having fun with this project.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © 'This Is Awesome' Five Bridges Blog

Back to TOP