Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Busy Weekend


We had a busy weekend! HJ had his first USA swim meet and Rodeo had his final baseball tournament of the season! We had a great Saturday, but busy.

HJ placed 2nd in two events and one 5th place. He did awesome for his first meet. We are so proud of him, he has worked very hard. I was Vanna White for the entire meet (which means I was in charge of keeping the events/heats posted and current for all to see, and no I forgot to wear the sparkly dress- maybe next time.) This was the only picture I was able to get and it did not turn out very good. He was a great team member. I caught him standing by the lane yelling for other team mates and he was not even prompted to do that. That's how you can tell he is growing up.

After a long day of being on the pool deck and doing squats one right after the other to post the new numbers - we were off to Rodeo's last game. The two previous games he one the game for the team. One game he got the final out, with an amazing catch and a tag out at first base. The game right before this one, he hit a line drive up the middle to send his friend Stratton home to score the winning run. Of course there was screaming and yelling and everyone running up to Rodeo and holding him in the air. He was so excited. H
His final game he did great even when he caught a pop up grounder right in the face. We thought "oh no it is over, he is going to start crying, and maybe even sprawl out on top of the pitchers mound" but, he did not. You could see the pain and anguish all over his face (hey, I would look like that too and probably be sprawled out on top of the pitchers mound crying if I caught a grounder right in the forehead, but remember we are talking about Rodeo!) He immediately shook it off grabbed the ball and kept the runner from advancing to second base. Way to go (and are you all right is what we said when he got to the dugout.) Of course tuff man Rodeo said, "yes, but that really hurt!" After going into overtime innings they lost, but all was okay because... They got their trophies for third place! Way to go Rock Hounds!

CJ was really good all day! He did great watching his older brothers and of course kept us running after him and he only had a 30 minute nap.

I watch my boys in awe at all of their accomplishments! (Now remember I am the mom or Cowgirl as someone likes to call me, so I am a little biased.) But, don't get me wrong I am not talking about perfect creatures...
My oldest has learned the skill of talking back to me when he does not like something, my other one wines too much (but he is getting much better... hmm, maybe Kindergarten has something to do with that), the little one runs when I say walk and he does not want to hold my had in a parking lot or close to a busy street. They all change their clothes 20 times a day and then leave the clothes all over the floor in a trail along the paths they have been.
But, it's all of the imperfections that make my boys all the more perfect. I am so grateful to have them and I try to remind myself that my house will only look the way it does while they are small (and I will miss that when they are older and gone.) I'm grateful that they have the energy to run, that they see the beauty in themselves and occasionally in each other, and that they always have the courage to get back up again, and again and again.
Life can be hard and imperfect and we all have a different perspective of what hard is, but my small little people give me the strength to keep going when it is hard and a great perspective on what is important. What great examples they are of try, try again and never give up!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © 'This Is Awesome' Five Bridges Blog

Back to TOP