Remember when... three men in a tub!

This year I am going to try to be better about entering into this blog a little more regularly. I have been trying to come up with ways that I can get better at achieving this goal. Lots of people do theme days, but with my schedule so busy I feel like I can't commit to that. Part of my problem is I don't like to set myself up for failure, but who really does anyways??? So I came up with lots of different ideas.
Here is my first idea! I am going to post a picture from the past and tell the story that goes along with it because my records for the most part are just pictures without a lot of written history. I have decided I will do this before I can't remember all of our wonderful and exciting details about the adventures of raising three wonderful little boys.
I think the hard part of this challenge for myself is which picture to pick and which story to tell...
I love this picture!
To make my life easier... I used to put all the boys into one tub for bath time and let them play in the bubbles. This always turned the bathroom into one huge swamp of a mess. Which made keeping the bathroom clean pretty easy - I just wiped everything down after they all left the room and then only had to do one chemical clean up each week.
They all loved bath time and the bonus for us was they usually always got along while confined in that small space (ok for those of you who have seen the tub, I guess it is not so little, but still it is only about five and a half to six feet of space for them to all get along in.) They loved playing with their water whistles, boats, playmobil men, sharks, and the occasional toy that was not meant for the water. They especially loved it when I would make their hair crazy with the shampoo. I would do all kinds of stuff to their hair and they all waited in anticipation to see who would be next and what I would do - this made it easy to keep their hair washed.
Bath time was also learning time. We sang songs like head shoulders, knees, and toes and this is also where they learned some beginning swimming. They all learned how to blow bubbles, kick, hold their breath and float on their backs (one is still working on the floating part - ok maybe two of them.)
We will always remember bath time as being a really fun part of the day.
So that was then...
and now we have only two in the tub together while one is in the shower. They are too big to all fit and someone needs a little more privacy. Sometimes it is hard to watch them grow up because I really did enjoy those days, but we press on and look to the future and all of the wonderful new milestones we will encounter.
0 comments:
Post a Comment