Locked In
Okay, so as I have told you life with CJ can be very entertaining. So yesterday it was forty minutes of fun and excitement. A couple of days ago while I was in the bathroom a very cute little person (CJ) was running away from one of his brothers and came charging into the bathroom. He closed the door quickly and then decided to analyze the door knob and lock system. I did not think very much about it until he locked the door and I tried to get him to unlock it just so he would know how in the event that he decided to go to the bathroom without anyone else inside with him - alas, he could not unlock it. I thought about what I could do - put a piece of tape on it to hold it in the unlock position, but with all of the confusion happening on the outside of the door I forgot and I know you are all thinking "WAY TO GO MOM!"
Sooooo, this is where the fun begins. Yesterday after CJ ate his lunch he disappeared and we all know that is a bad thing - CJ quiet and missing- not good! Dad was getting ready to go to the gym and so he needed in the bathroom and all I hear is "anyone in the bathroom?" and I think to myself please tell me it is not CJ and that he has locked it. Daddy turns the corner "the door is locked and no one is saying anything."
Immediately I know that CJ must be inside. So we ask "hello CJ are you in there?" he responds "yep, me Tannon! - giggle, giggle." So what is a mother to do but beg and plead to him to unlock the door. He says "no me tan't" So now I am forced to lay flat on the floor and get as close to it as I possibly can to see what I can see.
First the water goes on which makes me very nervous (because he still has the cast on and it can't get wet)and then he begins to play.
Now, I have to do something! I fashion a hanger so that I can stick it in the huge key hole and try to manipulate it so that it will somehow (maybe magically -PLEASE) unlock the door. All the while CJ is still playing in the water and his Dad is out in the garage getting his tools to try to open the door. My hanger does not work. What we really need is one of those big old keys, but we don't have one. Daddy works with it for a while with all these different kinds of tools while I am still on the floor with my face squished up against the door trying to watch what he is up to. CJ does not care that he is locked in and by now he has been in there a good 20 to 25 minutes.
HJcomes in trying to help and slides CJ's favorite airplane under the door trying to get CJ's attention. HJ tells him if he will unlock the door he will give him the plane. You know what happens - he does not care and goes right back to doing what he was doing. Great try HJ - Thanks but CJ is enjoying his time locked in the bathroom with all of the control.
I finally decide that I can't see him so I will go and get the camera and try to watch him with that.
After much time (forty minutes) and nothing will work to open it- BECAUSE we need the big old fashioned key. Daddy decides he will have to kick the door in. I run outside and get CJ to sit on the toilet and look at me so he won't get hurt.
Finally, after all that time we have a broken door jam and a little person quite pleased with his cleaning skills (he spent a good amount of time mopping the floor.)
We thought all of you might have a good laugh watching CJ in this short movie - the one I shot so that I could see what he was up to.
2 comments:
This was rather entertaining. I could just imagine myself being there and laughing at you guys as you tried opening the door.
I love your blog. Cannon is so cute and big. That is so funny and yet so scary. love you guys look at my blog and hopefully it will be updated today.
Taryn
Post a Comment