Wednesday, June 4, 2008

CRITTERS



WC loves critters. When you ask him what a critter is he says "a critter is a frog or something that can move around, a mouse, a rat, or something small that you can hold in your hand. Even foxes are critters, but I'm not going to hold one of those in my hands. The biggest critter is probably BIG FOOT, but I would probably run away if I ever did catch him."



Sooo, I guess that would be WC's definition of a critter so for all future events of critter hunting with WC I will definitely have to be on my toes a wee bit more.
For the last several weeks WC and I have been critter hunting at night. We have been doing fairly well at finding toads and blind snakes. (I know you are all thinking -She hates snakes why would she ever help him find one. The answer is they look like earth worms and they keep appearing on my back porch and the best way to get them off is to get my boys to move them!)
We have made some toad houses in the back yard with some broken pots so when it is time to go to bed he can leave them in the toad houses. He wants to keep e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g! This was my best attempt at letting him have homes for the toads.
Today was a different critter all together. While we were at Oma's house he found a baby bird that had fallen out of its nest and had cut itself on its back. WC is convinced that he can bring it back to good health and that it could live at our home. While at Oma's they decided that they would feed it. So off they went digging for worms. When they found the first worm they mushed it up and WC quickly ran for the door while asking at the same time "should I get some ketchup for the bird?" Oma replied and said "no the bird likes it just fine without ketchup." What a great Oma helping feed a poor bird and then so kindly sending it home with us to care for it. Tonight, Dad and WC caught bugs (and a few toads, but that is beside this point) so that they could feed the baby bird.
We will see what tomorrow brings....

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © 'This Is Awesome' Five Bridges Blog

Back to TOP