Award Banquet

We had a very busy weekend! We had two swim meets and a trip to the lake. First we had the Divisional Swim meet where we swam against two other teams. It was a very long and hot day. I was given the third shift in the meet to stroke judge - it was really hot with very little wind. HJ did well and had a good time.
After a long meet we went out to the lake with one of Daddy's old friends. We had a lot of fun swimming and riding the tube behind the boat.
The next morning we got up for the Invitational Qualifying meet which was held at the Texas Swim (UT) Center (my old stomping grounds...fun memories.) I was lucky and was given a volunteer position so that I could be on deck during the meet. I was selected to stroke judge on the boys side of the pool. The swim center is a very impressive pool especially for kids who are used to swimming in the local neighborhood summer swim team pools. HJ qualified in three events (the most one person could swim in the meet.) He did really good and bettered his 50 freestyle time and stayed about the same in the other two events.
His final best times for the season are:
25 Free - 20.74 (he only swam 3 times this season)
50 Free - 40.03
25 Back - 21.40
25 Fly - 22.23
Tonight we went to the awards banquet. We are so proud of HJ and what a wonderful season he has had. We were surprised tonight as he was selected as the Most Valuable Swimmer for his 7/8 year old boys age group. Way to go HJ!!!
1 comments:
Great job, Hunter! Wow his hair is getting so blond! Seth and I just started a "Tiny Tots" swim class yesterday. He did really well after he got used to the chilly water, and I even dunked him a couple of times. You guys are BUSY!
Post a Comment