Saturday, August 16, 2008

Donut Day = Saturday



Hello again... yes I have been busy -sorry.
Well we woke up today to take dad to meet some guys to go tubing in New Braunfels - Not fair! Anyways when we left him all the boys started screaming DONUTS and as you already know I am outnumbered and -I caved! ...And you are probably thinking ha - she is going to have crazy sugar enthused children all by herself (serves her right for buying a dozen donuts and the baby donuts for CJ (a.k.a. donut holes.) We got to the counter and all you could see was all three of them starting to droool, "I would like to have two "red" donuts please (for all of you who don't know donut lingo these are the cherry kind) says HJ and then WC pipes in "I need six chocolate donuts....please" (I now know I am in trouble, but at least they are all using their manners, thank you.) Finally, CJ goes up and looks at the man behind the counter (as he is smiling at me) and says "please baby donuts, B-A-B-Y donuts. Tint you." We order four more plain glazed to make it an even dozen and the boys happily march to the truck.
They get buckled up and start talking about "the good old days" (I am not sure what all these discussions are about when the conversation starts off with - the good old days, like they are all old, old men. I will have to see who in our lives talks about "the good ol' days"?) So they are talking about how every time they spend the night with Pop and Mawmaw they get donuts and how much fun that is and how they wished every day was donut day.
Side note: when I was a little girl my dad would get up every Saturday morning and go and get donuts for all of us. So when we were all very young my brothers could not wait until "Donut Day" and when asked what the days of the week were they would go through all of them and list "Donut Day" as a day of the week or they would tell there friends -"we don't have Saturday, we just have Donut Day.
The thing about donuts and small children is they like to eat the top glazed part of the donut (at least my brothers and my children). At my house and my parents house there have been many a donut carcass laying around. I try to tell CJ that the whole thing is good, but he does not believe me and goes right on with eating the top of the donut and the evidence is always there even when he hides the remains.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © 'This Is Awesome' Five Bridges Blog

Back to TOP