Sunday, January 25, 2009

Where do they come up with this?


Okay I have to start off by saying I do not know where this came from, I mean the idea of a mustache. CJ woke up the other morning and decided he had to have a mustache! He kept asking "Dad when me get a hairy lip?" and Dad would respond "when you get much older!" CJ kept nagging him all morning that he wanted to have a mustache and so Dad finally (I guess got tired of trying to explain the facts and didn't know what else to do) gave him a mustache.
Finally, they went upstairs together and CJ came running down the stairs as quickly and safely as he could and said "TADAAAA!!!, Me have mustache!!" Daddy had drawn a mustache right on his face with a black crayola washable marker. --Not just any mustache, but a nice curly fancy one and as an added bonus he got a little triangle go-tee directly drawn under his bottom lip. You have never seen a little person so happy about a mustache.
He strutted around the house all morning like he was big man on campus, not forgetting to take the occasional brake of checking himself out in the full length mirror (I think he wanted to make sure it had not disappeared.)
He ate lunch and then had a spoon of peanut butter and would not let me clean his mouth off for fear the mustache would disappear, so I thought I will catch up to him after I did the dishes. The next thing I noticed was Mustache Man had fallen asleep on the sofa (that's the only picture I got all day of him... Oh how I wish he didn't hate getting his picture taken, he has always been this way.)
I have to admit it is really hard to take CJ seriously on anything he says when he has the mustache painted on. He wore it all day and everywhere we went, I am sure many people thought it was weird, but all those mothers out there understood (especially if they ever had there very own three year old little boy.)

This day made me think back to the other two little boys and the times when they were three years old and wanted to be some particular person or thing allll day long and everywhere we would go.



Here is Rodeo when he was around 2. He loved to put on all kinds of stuff. But this particular mask was so funny because of his little growl he would make when he chased you. He would run so stiffly after you. The giggle along with the growling made for some great laughs. He especially looked hilarious when he would put on the huge hulk hands that went with the mask because they were almost as big as he was.



And finally here is HJ. Please don't ask what he is?. He created this supper hero atire and would run around our house in Houston saving the day. Rodeo would laugh and laugh when HJ would put on this huge wig. HJ was suited up for anything that would come his way. He had webs and lasers and bullets that came with this costume. And I can't forget that he could fly and use his webs to get to different places. We all knew that we were safe when he was wearing that goofy wig and had all of the rest of his super hero gadgets on.

AJ and I just get a kick out of watching our boys. They almost always bring a smile to our faces. And when the smile does not come right at a particular moment, we can usually laugh about it later.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © 'This Is Awesome' Five Bridges Blog

Back to TOP