Thursday, February 5, 2009

Running



Do you ever feel like you just keep running everywhere you go and in everything you do? This is how it has been for the last two weeks. So much has happened that it is hard to know where to start (especially right now because I have so much to write down and only have about 30 minutes before I need to be back to work!)

Hmmmm....
I think I will tell you how HJ's pinewood derby went...
One word---AMAZING! He did a great job! We are so proud of him and not just because he took first again, but because this year he designed it all on his own. He also did almost all of the manual labor on the car with only a little bit of help from dad because some of the power tools are still a little too big for him to use on his own.

Just to catch you up in case you don't know how last year went... He is very opinionated (just had to remind you.) He helped design his car and he based it off of a Star Wars space ship. He took on the role of being the very opinionated boss on how his dad and him would work on the vehicle and get it done (I think he was a little frustrated because he could not do everything on his own.) Anyways, he won and went onto the regional race where he took fifth place. This is where he learned a lot. He has had all of these ideas and thoughts bubbling in his head all year long and has just been so excited with anticipation to get started.

So soon after he got the kit he was ready to get started. He worked so hard and I had wanted to get pictures of the project in steps and the boys forgot to let me know when they were going to get started and before I knew it there it was...



So needless to say I did not get pictures in the different stages. All in all HJ had a great time working on the "Black Hurricane". He had a great time racing his friends and once again he was a very gracious winner. He will advance to regionals where he will get the chance to race all of the rest of the cub scouts in the area. We will keep you posted on how that race goes and what he will learn there to help him improve on his design for next year.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © 'This Is Awesome' Five Bridges Blog

Back to TOP