One

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...
-Heather Cortez
Sometimes I am reminded of how small we all are in the huge world we are living in. I mean really we are just one person. The World Population is 6,902,771,848 as of just a few minutes ago according to one of the latest guesstimates. I stop and think of that number and how I can't even grasp it... How could you? Maybe if we put it into elementary terms as a way of giving us all a visual - like maybe a grain of rice and how many pounds that would be or something of the sort. (I will have to get HJ to work on this one for me.)
Anyways it is a lot.
Now you are asking where all of that came from... the boys were wondering how many people lived on the earth. I think they must have been talking about Earth Day at school.
Here is our little Earth Sciences question: When is Earth Day 2009? Earth Day is April 22, 2009. (FYI: Earth Day is April 22nd every year.)
Back to being one. We are ALL important to someone somewhere and for me my world revolves around my family and how important they are to me. They make me laugh, they make my heart warm, they give me confidence, they put a smile on my face and in my heart, they make my everyday better, they help me to see things through their eyes, I know they love and care about me and I hope they never forget and always feel the love I have for them.
0 comments:
Post a Comment