Monday, May 25, 2009

CJ loves water

Photobucket

Busy is the word that describes our lives right now. I have so many stories to tell about how crazy and fast our life has been these last couple of weeks and no time to get on the computer and type it out.
We are thankful for all the help the boys give us. Cj loves to water everything including himself. Just caught a quick glimpse he gave me while he was gulping down water from the hose as fast as he could.

Photobucket

And then this one of WC being watered and enjoying every minute of it.

The previous post I said I would write later... Well our washing machine finally died. Did I just say finally? What I meant was our poor washing machine, the trusty work horse finally screeched out its last harsh scream a couple of weeks ago when I was out on a photo shoot. After the shoot I called AJ to let him know I was on my way home and he said I have bad news... (More bad news- no please!) He told me that I would be helping him with surgery when I got home. Great I thought what now. He said the washing machine started to scream really loudly and began to emit a horrible burning odor and had to be turned off immediately. And wouldn't you know he was washing our white load. So he had to empty all of the water and then the clothes and he put them on the back porch in a basket while we tried to figure out the problem.
Mean while my mom came over to get the boys for a sleep over and being the wonderful mom that she is took all of our laundry to her house to wash and fold it for me. Thank you mom, I was worried about my whites beginning to mildew and then having to go to the laundry mat.
Finally we got the machine taken apart, read the part numbers and then ran a search for the parts needed on the Internet to find out how much this would cost. What we discovered was not good. It would cost a minimum of $250.00 for just one of the parts and that is just for one part. We decided we would just say our farewells and thank yous to the machine that kept my family clean through the last 10 years and do a search on Craig's List and try to find one cheaper.
We went about a week and a half with out a machine, but finally found a relatively new one from a single woman who did very few loads a week and the machines seemed to be in good condition (she was moving into a new home that would have new ones provided for her.)
So we ended up needing to go to the laundry mat only one time. I have never had to do that with my children. We have always had a machine. It was not that bad, it was very clean, but really expensive. The cost was $1.50 a load and then only 5 minutes per quarter in the drier. I was a little surprised by the price because when I was in college I spent many hours studying at the laundry mat and one wash load was either 50 cents (maybe 75 cents at some expensive places) and to dry it was 50 cents per load for maybe 20 minutes.
The great thing about the laundry mat is that you can do six loads in about an hour including all of the folding. The boys had a great time and where very helpful in switching the loads from machine to machine.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © 'This Is Awesome' Five Bridges Blog

Back to TOP