Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Summer is Over

Well it is over... SUMMER. How sad, really I mean that. I love being at home with my boys. Overall we all had a great time. We played so much together. They loved playing Monopoly (that game takes forever with those two Hj & WC), we played Uno, cards, went to the Library, to the parks, and of course we swam. Some days the boys stayed in there pjs all day and we would make blanket tents. They always loved the days when it was an upside down day with breakfast for dinner. Some days we would play hide and go seek (their favorite when we turn out all of the lights and light the candles and play in the dark) and others we would all curl up and watch the History channel or the Travel channel and go on imaginary vacations all over the world (one of our favorite things to do!) Of course we went on Lego and Playmobil adventures and they built some amazing things. Some nights we would spend hours outside on the slide and run through the sprinkler and hunt for critters (mostly WC and CJ)or lightning bugs. These are the things that made our summer wonderful. Mostly we did indoor things because it was sooo hot - it feels like you are literally in an oven here in Texas. If we were outside for very long then we would need to be in the water or do our activity early in the morning. There were those days (inevitably there are with little children)when I thought I might go nuts or not have any hair left by the end of the day because the boys were having one of those days where nothing went right, but I can honestly look back and say that we spent our days the way we should have. We played and enjoyed each other and I am truly grateful for that. We all love summer and I am glad that we were able to make the memories we did.

1 comments:

Jen O Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 11:49:00 AM CDT  

Your boys will surely have such wonderful memories of their childhood. What a great mama you are. Just opposite of you, when it gets hot in WA, we have to go OUTSIDE since we don't have A/C.

About This Blog

  © 'This Is Awesome' Five Bridges Blog

Back to TOP