Friday, March 20, 2009

Painting Doors



Today was a good day.
I worked on painting the last remaining doors inside our home while the boys were over at Oma's and Opa's finishing up a sleep over. Thanks to Oma I had some time alone and without any interruptions so that I could hopefully crank them out before the boys came home.
They turned out to be more work than I wanted them to be (oh well that is how it goes sometimes). I had a huge job of sanding them down (guess who called while I was diligently hand sanding them because I did not want to be sanding in the first place and my lovely husband said I could do it real quick... did he forget I'm not real quick with handy stuff??) Mawmaw called - the woman who loves to sand. She of course said "you aren't sanding them by hand are you??!" I said yes and that I would be fine, but I probably complained a little (I really forgot she loves to sand, reallllly.) And I guess the sanding was to tempting for her and she showed up an hour later. Thank you Mom! She did an awesome job along side HJ.


While she and HJ sanded I primed the doors that were finished and wrangled the other two.
We do love to paint over here - and I always have a lot of help. But, today I could not let CJ and Rodeo prime the doors because of the way that they like to paint, mostly just CJ. But, if I let one help me then the others are going to want to help and that would not be fair if one could work and the other not.



So I am using one of our old doors as a head board to give our room and extra foot give or take. I decided what the heck I will let them paint that and they can't mess it up. Of course this entails using all of the colors from the rainbow. They had a great time and did a beautiful job. After it dries I will go over it with white and then sand it down to let some of the color come through - it will look totally different when I am done. I will have to show you what it looks like when I get it up in the bedroom.

I love days like this... everyone got along, everyone worked really hard and had a great time, and the weather was beautiful.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © 'This Is Awesome' Five Bridges Blog

Back to TOP